• Work for the 5th largest IT Consulting organisation in the world
• Work onsite with one of our Global Oil and Gas Clients
• Long term (2+ years) fixed-term contract opportunity with leave entitlements and competitive offshore uplift.
Newly created junior role, with the opportunity to develop deep technical expertise in the support, configuration, and maintenance of process control systems. Working directly with our client, we are looking for a true professional with great customer service skills to represent CGI on this major program of work.
The role is available on a 3:3:3 rotation. 3 weeks in the Perth office, 3 weeks offshore (WA) and 3 weeks R&R.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor, support, back up, and maintain servers, network, and communication equipment
• Understand and apply security policy
• Review security logs, report and escalate security incidents or violations
• Implement change management in accordance with the client's governance procedures
• Manage antivirus solutions and perform security updates
• Facilitate system and user access to applications and systems through PCAD or SecurePlant
• Ensure Disaster Recovery plans are up to date and regularly tested for completion
• Ensure necessary asset registers (CMDB) on all IT equipment and applications are maintained.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 1 + years experience working in a corporate or enterprise IT, performing entry level tasks in different environments (e.g. Test, UAT, Dev, Prod, DR).
• A solid foundation in IT, exposure to a range of technologies and concepts, including Microsoft Windows and Cisco environments
• Familiarity with security measures to protect corporate and operational environments
• Knowledge of End Point security packages such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee ePO, Trend Micro OfficeScan
• Knowledge/ experience with Microsoft WSUS
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• CCNA and MCSA or equivalent experience desirable
• Full permanent work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.