CGI is looking for a Contract Senior Security/ Network Engineer to assist with a number of projects and support work.
The successful applicant will work with a large Queensland Government client undergoing a major technical refresh. The client is planning to replace their core network infrastructure and the Senior Network Engineer will play a key role in supporting this project and providing ongoing operational support. The project work will have a large focus on Palo Firewall Management and having a strong experience with Palo Alto Firewalls is a must.
The role is available for an immediate start with an expected completion date of 30th June 2019.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Palo Firewall management, including :
o Daily health checks
o Rule and policy configuration
o Configure, monitor and alert sensors and thresholds using PRTG / Python scripting
o Fault and issue investigation - working with customers and IT teams to resolve data flow issues
o Assist project teams with rule and policy creation / changes
o Vulnerability patching / OS upgrades
o Monthly and quarterly capacity reporting
• Design, plan, test, install, upgrade/change, and maintain data centre and WAN infrastructures including firewall, routers, switches, WAN acceleration devices, and other network equipment
• Perform network analysis and diagnostics using network sniffers, NetFlow, and SNMP
• Provide escalated technical support, troubleshooting and fault rectification of complex technical issues related to DNS, IPAM, and NAC platforms.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 + years experience working as a networking engineer ideally in an outsourcing environment
• Strong Experience with the following technologies:
o Palo Alto Firewalls
o Cisco Networking
o CheckPoint Firewalls
o VMware and HyperV and other virtualised and server network environment
o Data Centre network environments including Cisco Switches and Routers, Nexus and SAN
• Demonstrated experience in the design, configuration and maintenance of LAN, WAN, and Security infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment, including the ability to support solutions across a variety of technologies
• Advanced knowledge and experience with networking protocols (EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, STP, VRF, and IPSec)
• Advanced knowledge of networking and systems administration; and the ability to troubleshoot problems and/or escalate issues and problems to team manager
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work autonomously
• Clear and personable communication skills
• Due to the nature of this role you may need to provide on call support and work on scheduled off-hours maintenance activities.
• Full work rights for Australia will be required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.