CGI is looking for an experienced Principal Consultant (BI/Analytics) to join our growing team of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics experts. You will work with our Melbourne and Hobart based clients to drive growth across CGI’s Analytics Digital Technology Practice.
The Principal Consultant will be responsible for providing high value chargeable strategic and architectural services to clients leading the development of industry specific systems mostly aligned to projects, consulting assignments, building and installing turnkey business solutions. You will also provide advice and guidance to CGI and client stakeholders.
We are looking for a BI Specialist who is passionate about data and client success, loves to share knowledge and wants to work as part of a global community of experts, bringing CGI success stories to Australia and sharing Australian achievements with our other global offices.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Design and develop high quality business solutions
• Evaluate clients' business needs, thus contributing to strategic planning of information systems facilities, resource requirements and software directions
• Accountable for defined work assignments often involving immediate action or short term planning of human and other resources
• Plan and coordinate resources necessary to complete product implementation and assist in the preparation of major sales proposals
• Liaise with major customers during preliminary installation and testing of developed solutions or products
• Lead the discovery and analysis of requirements for BI related projects
• Manage a team of consultants (largely dependent on the size and scope of the client project)
• Investigate future business opportunities relating to Business Intelligence
• Lead the BI practice in Melbourne. Recognise and share the opportunities new technologies bring to both CGI and client
• Influence senior stakeholders within clients through BI Consulting skills, client/domain knowledge and vision and objective. Collaborate with senior stakeholders to secure funding for new initiatives.
As a Senior Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
10 + years of experience in consulting and business management, IT, systems integration consulting, design.
• A broad understanding and demonstrated hands on experience in the design and implementation of a wide range of industry solutions relating to BI
• Experience working with clients across short-term industries (Health and Government experience will be highly regarded)
• A diverse technical background. Experience using Microsoft BI Stack preferred
• Can adapt and apply existing techniques and methodologies to new uses
• Ability to present technical and non-technical information to small and large groups, including senior management levels within client and CGI
• The ability to build peer client relationship through personal credibility and successful on-time and on-budget delivery
• Project management and/or business and resource management experience preferred
• A Strategic mindset
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.