• Work for the 5th largest IT Consulting organisation in the world
• Remote working for our Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC)
• Benefits include share purchase plan, profit participation plan and generous paid parental leave
The Security Analyst is a key resource in the GSOC protective monitoring team. They will monitor, support, triage and respond to real-time security events and consequently will need a broad level of cybersecurity experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor security alerts detected by Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, WIDS), Log Monitoring, SIEM, etc.
• Stay connected and keep up to date with new security threats, technologies and regulations
• Conduct preliminary incident triage and set the priority accordingly
• Perform first-level analysis, triage incidents, analyse logs and/or investigation evidence
• Share technical and procedural recommendations and enhancements
• Provide ideas and feedback to improve the overall SOC capabilities and maturity
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 2+ years experience working in a similar role
• Knowledge of IT Service Management (especially incident Management)
• Knowledge and practical application of networking including:
o Souce and Destination IP addresses
o NATing and Ports
o TCP versus UDP
• Awareness of common web-based 3rd party tools such as VirusTotal and MXToolbox
• The ability to analyse log files
• The ability to update security investigation documentation such as Triage Steps and Playbooks
• Enjoys the freedom to self manage and has the capability to prioritise and identify and initiate areas for improvement
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.