Long term contract opportunity for an experienced Control Systems IT (CSIT) Engineer to work with one of CGI’s Oil and Gas clients in Perth. This is a highly autonomous role working directly with the client. We are looking for a true professional with great customer service skills, to represent CGI on this major program of work.
The CSIT Engineer will have deep technical expertise in the support, configuration, and periodic change/ patching of process control systems and their integration into the overall local network. They are also skilled in configuration and maintenance security controls that protect the clients' process controls, and familiar and comfortable working in a zero harm site with high focus on safety.
The role will be office based until January when it will move to a 3 :3 :3 rotation (3 weeks off shore, 3 weeks off, 3 weeks onshore).
Your future duties and responsibilities
Monitor, support, and maintain servers, network and communication equipment
• Maintain and backup system configuration for servers and network equipment and ensure backups are stored securely
• Review security logs and provide reports for identifying potential intrusion. Escalate incidents ensuring investigation, remediation, review and closure
• Implement change management and testing procedures for network and endpoint security and ensure endorsement from business
• Manage antivirus solutions and perform security updates of operating systems
• Facilitate system and user access to applications and systems through PCAD or SecurePlant
• Manage access control including password management, authorised user verification checks, and leaver management
• Ensure DR Plans are up to date and tested regularly and appropriate backups exist
• Participate in the planning of IT security upgrades and ensure implemented security controls work as intended
• Verify requirements for Information Security are met before new systems are put into production
• Report Information Security events and incidents and document and deviation from required security standards
• Ensure necessary asset registers on all IT equipment and applications are maintained
• Maintain logical network drawings, creating or modifying component information in the database as required
• Have an overview of security measures implemented and documented non-compliance to Information Security requirements
• Provide after-hours support on an exception basis
• Provide process or system improvement suggestions and recommendations to the client where possible
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
3+ years corporate IT experience, including experience working in an OT environment
• CCNA or equivalent experience (3+ years) required
• MCSA or equivalent experience (3+ years) required
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows (both workstation and server) and Cisco environments
• A strong focus on Security, adherence to security policy, and familiarity with security measures to protect a corporate or operational environment
• Experience supporting and maintaining enterprise End Point security packages such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee ePO, Trend Micro OfficeScan
• Microsoft WSUS experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• The ability to keep calm under pressure and follow a logical troubleshooting process
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.