Due to continued growth across a number of CGI’s key clients, we are looking for a Technical Consultant to join the team in Melbourne.
The Technical Consultant will join the onsite project delivery team, working on project assignments to provide Wintel infrastructure support as well as offering operational support on escalated cases from the Offshore BAU team.
This is a fast-paced role, with opportunities to develop your skills across new technologies and hone your consulting skills. The role requires a high degree of flexibility and a willingness to learn new technologies.
You will need experience providing technical support within a client-facing or customer-focused environment, including, several years of experience in the implementation and administration of large (300+ user) Microsoft Windows-based server environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders
• Provide technical leadership for support and project engagements
• Manage vendors for support activities/resolutions
• Incident and problem management as defined by SLAs
• Plan and implement maintenance activities
• Provide input to discussions on system availability, capacity, usability, performance & incidents
• Utilise a long term strategic approach to engage in discussions on roadmaps & service improvement
• Help mentor junior staff
• Identify and help generate business opportunities
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Several years of experience in the implementation and administration of large (300+ user) Microsoft Windows based server environments. Outsourcing experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of VMWare and Active Directory
• Clear and personable communication skills
• Strong problem management/troubleshooting skills
• Strong time management skills
• Commitment to delivery of support to agreed service levels and desired level of quality
• Exposure to ITIL and Agile beneficial
• Permanent work rights in Australia
In addition to the above, any knowledge/ experience of the following technologies would be beneficial; Office 365 (including Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business), Azure AD, Citrix XenApp 6.5+, Citrix Netscaler, CommVault, Symantec NetBackup experience, SCCM, vSphere, vCenter, SRM, EMC Data Domain, AWS.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.