CGI is seeking an Application Support Graduate interested in pursuing a career in IT Consulting.
CGI have recently won engagements with new clients, requiring a number of consultants to work on exciting SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) projects.
This is an entry-level role and full training and mentoring will be provided. If you are a recent graduate or student in your final year of study, CGI can offer you the first steps in your IT Consulting career.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide technical support and day to day administration of critical applications
• Translate user requirements into highly specified scopes of work
• Prepare specifications, process diagrams, flow charts, procedures, work instructions and test plans
• Configure the business application to meet business requirement specifications
• Identify options for potential solutions and assess for technical and business suitability
• User profile maintenance (creation, security, de-activation)
• Monitor and troubleshoot system incidents and service requests
• Build relationships with users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve implementation issues
• On-call for production support issues may be required.
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Graduates from university, with an academic background in computer science, engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content
• Ability to conceptualise and think creatively
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• Strong communication skills and the ability to engage confidently with clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel to client’s site as required (within Brisbane & possibly interstate)
• Permanent work rights for Australia.
To apply for this position please follow the link to the CGI careers site to upload:
- A copy of your CV
- Cover letter detailing why you are applying
- Most recent university transcript
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.