CGI is seeking an Associate Application Developer looking to progress their career in IT Consulting and Software Development.
We have recently won engagements with new clients, requiring software developers to work on exciting greenfield system builds. The successful applicant will work as part of our SCADA Development team, helping design and develop a variety of applications, which are critical to Utilities organisations across Australia.
The role would suit Developers with 1-3 years commercial experience. CGI offers full training and mentoring and the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of design and development projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Design and development of database solutions
• Design and development of business intelligence solutions – including data acquisition processes, reports, analytics
• Design and development of C# applications using the Microsoft technology stack
• Assist with pre-sales activities, proposals and demonstrations for customers
• Keep up to date with industry trends, especially with regards to C# application development.
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 1-3 years commercial experience, designing and developing applications
• Strong knowledge and/or experience of relational database development – e.g. SQL Server / Oracle / My SQL
• Knowledge and/or experience with C#
• An interest in business intelligence and analytics technologies
• Strong communication skills and an ability to engage confidently with clients
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• Flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to travel to client’s site as required (within Melbourne & possibly interstate)
• Permanent work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.