• Work for one of the largest IT and Business Consulting firms in the world
• Long term contract opportunity (2 years +) with prestigious oil and gas client
• Highly autonomous role based on client site and offshore (3:3:3 rotation)
• Fixed-term contract opportunity with leave entitlements and other great benefits.
The Technical Engineer will have technical expertise in the support, configuration and periodic change/ patching of process control systems and their integration into the overall local network. They are also skilled in configuration and maintenance security controls that protect the clients' process controls.
Three years of experience in an Operational Technology environment will be required.
We are looking for a true professional with great customer service skills, to represent CGI on this major program of work.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor, maintain and backup system configuration for servers, networks and communication equipment
• Escalate incidents ensuring investigation, remediated, review and close
• Review security logs and provide reports for identifying potential intrusion
• Report Information Security events and incidents
• Implement change management and testing procedures for network and endpoint security
• Manage anti-virus solutions and perform security updates
• Facilitate system and user access to applications and systems and manage access control
• Ensure DR Plans are up to date and tested regularly
• Participate in the planning of IT security upgrades and ensure implemented security controls work as intended
• Verify requirements for Information Security are met before new systems are put into production
• Maintain the asset registers
• Maintain logical documentation and network drawings.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3+ years of OT experience (IT experience also highly desirable)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of PLC and related communication technology/protocols
• Experience supporting Microsoft OS and Cisco environments
• A strong awareness of cybersecurity and measures to protect
• Knowledge of enterprise antimalware software packages including Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, McAfee Virus scan and ePO
• Microsoft WSUS skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• The ability to keep calm under pressure and think logically
• Availability for offshore rotation on a 3:3:3 rotation (Office:Offshore:R&R)
• CCNA or equivalent preferred
• Full work rights for Australia.
** Please note there is a temporary requirement for Offshore workers to self isolate for 1 week before going offshore and 1 week after
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.