Long term contract opportunity (2 years +) for an experienced Control Systems IT (CSIT) Engineer to work with one of CGI’s Oil and Gas clients in Gladstone (Curtis Island).
This is a highly autonomous role based on client site. We are looking for a true professional with great customer service skills, to represent CGI on this major program of work.
The CSIT Engineer will have deep technical expertise in the support, configuration and periodic change/ patching of process control systems and their integration into the overall local network. They are also skilled in configuration and maintenance security controls that protect the client's process controls.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor servers, networks and communication equipment
• Maintain and backup system configuration for servers and network equipment and ensure backups are stored securely
• Review security logs and provide reports for identifying a potential intrusion. Escalate incidents, investigation, remediated, review and close
• Implement change management and testing procedures for network and endpoint security and ensure endorsement from business
• Manage anti-virus solutions and perform security updates of operating systems
• Facilitate system and user access to applications and systems through PCAD or SecurePlant
• Manage access control including password management, authorised user verification checks and leaver management
• Ensure DR Plans are up to date and tested regularly and appropriate backups exist
• Participate in the planning of IT security upgrades and ensure implemented security controls work as intended
• Verify requirements for Information Security are met before new systems are put into production
• Report Information Security events and incidents and document and deviation from required security standards
• Ensure necessary asset registers on all IT equipment and applications are maintained
• Maintain logical network drawings, creating or modifying component information in the database as required
• Have an overview of security measures implemented and documented non-compliance to Information Security requirements
• Provide after-hours support on an exception basis.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of corporate IT experience. Oil and Gas experience useful but not essential.
• The ability to support Microsoft OS and Cisco environments
• A strong awareness of cybersecurity and measures to protect
• Antivirus software packages including Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, McAfee Virus scan and ePO
• Microsoft WSUS Console Skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• The ability to keep calm under pressure and think logically
• CCNA or equivalent preferred
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.