CGI is seeking an experienced, well-rounded and flexible Senior Developer to join our Utilities Operations team, providing development and support for applications in our Networks Domain, including SCADA and Network Analytics platform.
Our client provides essential services to Victorians and this role will see you supporting them to monitor and deliver use cases into production using DevOps. You will work autonomously on the client site in South East Melbourne, under the direction of both the CGI Service Delivery Manager and the client.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage and monitor our clients analytics platform
• Contribute to the IP we develop for SCADA systems using C#
• Perform analysis, design, estimation, development and test activities associated with the delivery of system changes and enhancements
• Develop operating and system documentation.
• Monitor, Investigate and resolve issues (respond to alerts and proactively monitor).
• Performance tuning (monitor applications deployed via Docker, profile system logs and application monitoring tools to identify, rectify and improve performance)
• Manage and triage incidents with respect to interfaces
• Work with business users to define requirements and translate into technical specifications and designs
• Coordinate and own operational activities in line with IT service delivery processes, such as change and release management
• Escalate project and service delivery risks
• Identify service and system improvements for the existing system.
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients, locations and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI. We provide 24/7 support to our clients so you will need to participate in the on-call roster.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 + years experience in either C#, Python and/or Java Development experience in Windows and Linux environments
• Experience with managing/setting up PostgreSQL EDB environment and ETL processes/interfaces
• Exposure to containerisation and monitoring applications in containers
• Exposure to application monitoring tools and performance tuning
• Experience working with PostgreSQL, Oracle & SQL database environments
• Experience with one of more of the following; JMS, Node.js, SSL, analytics tools such as R Studio or SPSS
• A good understanding of IT security and how it impacts application architecture, design and development
• Strong communication skills and an ability to present confidently to clients
• Exposure to Cloud-based development such as AWS/Azure highly desirable.
• Knowledge of SCADA based systems is a plus
• Ability to travel to Client sites within Melbourne
• Ability to participate in the on-call roster
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.