CGI is seeking an experienced, well-rounded and flexible Senior Database Administrator to join our team providing database administration and support for applications in our Networks Domain, including SCADA and Network Analytics platform. Drawing on your skills and experience, this role will leverage your thought leadership to assist our clients to improve and optimise their database performance and capacity.
Our client provides essential services to Victorians and your role will see you supporting them to monitor and deliver use cases into production using DevOps. You will be expected to work autonomously on the client site in South East Melbourne, under the direction of both the CGI Service Delivery Manager and the client.
This role will provide the opportunity to expand and move into other application portfolios.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Senior Database Administrator will support critical applications in our client environments. Our client portfolio includes organisations in the Utilities Government and Commercial clients with varying technologies including PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL.
As an experienced DBA you will work closely with peers to perform problem analysis and resolution on BAU support activities. You will be responsible for administering, monitoring and designing database systems including architecture, high performance, integrity, security, backup and disaster recovery.
Your first assignment will be to manage and monitor very large (10+ TB) PostgreSQL databases for a key customer, ensuring their database is available to perform planning and monitoring tasks. You will also contribute to the development of our global SCADA solutions.
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients, locations and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI. We provide 24/7 support to our clients so you will need to participate in the on call roster.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 years + experience as a PostgreSQL DBA within large and complex environments (experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle will be considered for stand out applications)
• Ability to identify and describe the issues and resolutions likely to arise in large PostgreSQL databases and the proactive steps that can be taken to manage performance
• Experience with clustering, maintaining and installing High Availability solutions
• Experience with DR backup and recovery procedures.
• Ability to identify and deliver system improvements and value adds
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with PostgreSQL database administration, Server clustering, mirroring/replication and log shipping (Oracle or SQL Server experience will be considered for strong applications)
• Linux scripting (python, bash, etc)
• Ability to partake in the on-call roster.
- Database Design
- Database Administration
- Database Tuning
- Disaster Rec & ContingencyPlan
- Performance Tuning
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.