CGI has a number of openings for Desktop Support Technicians to support a large Queensland client undergoing a technical refresh.
In this Customer facing role, you will be responsible for providing first and second level Desktop support (remote and onsite) on a range of technical issues. You will need to ensure quality of delivery by meeting and exceeding customer expectations and following and improving on CGI methodology.
The role is available on a 12 week contract with an ASAP start.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This role would suit somebody with 3+ years of desktop support experience, who is looking for a new challenge where you can work with a great team, for a large client, within a global organisation.
• Desktop support – first and second level, remote and onsite.
• Hardware diagnostic/repair (where applicable) and re/installation.
• Ensure quality of delivery by meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• On call and after-hours VIP support.
• Incident, Request and Problem management.
• Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies within the team.
• Develop understanding of customers’ business.
• Develop and maintain Knowledge-Based Articles relevant to Desktop Services.
• Follow defined procedures and escalation management.
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3 + years Desktop support experience within a corporate environment.
• PC, mobile device, tablets and peripherals support.
• High-level technical support skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated problem management and troubleshooting skills.
• Clear and personable communication skills with a strong customer service focus.
• Time management and ability to work unsupervised.
Knowledge or familiarity with the following is beneficial:
• Office 365/Active Directory/File Share management.
• Remote support tools e.g. SCCM remote tools, Windows Remote Assistance
• SCCM software packaging and deployment.
• ITIL Framework.
- Wintel/Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Citrix XenApp
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.