CGI is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the Project Services for a large Government client undergoing a major technical refresh.
This role will lead a team of Project Managers and technical subject matter experts, delivering projects and work packages in a challenging multi-vendor environment. They will be responsible for guaranteeing quality standards and contractual requirements are met, within the time and cost constraints, whilst ensuring CGI meet their financial requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Managing a team(s) of Project Managers, Architects and support staff in a complex, multi-platform, multi-vendor technical environment.
• Liaising with senior staff within client organisations regarding provision of infrastructure project services within negotiated contractual obligations for a program of projects.
• Controlling project design and planning activities related to infrastructure delivery.
• Maintaining and controlling cost, schedule and quality of project activities to run on budget and profitability, time, and meet agreed customer requirements.
• Ensuring the consistent application of IT project governance and compliance processes across programs and related projects.
• Managing project integration activities (including outsourced/contracted work) and associated client enterprise architecture integration.
• Defining, sourcing and managing necessary project resources.
• Mentoring, supporting and regularly engaging project teams to enhance the organisation’s project capabilities.
• Coordinating multiple streams or projects to represent a single view.
• Undertaking project ‘health checks’ to ensure IT programs/projects are delivered in alignment with the CGI framework and the client organisation’s enterprise architecture, strategy and project management methodologies.
• Managing stakeholder expectations through the application of stakeholder management disciplines.
• Attending Project Control Groups/Board meetings when required.
As a Senior Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles. The duties described detail the first assignment in your career at CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10 - 15 years’ experience in project management, to include experience in PMO management
• Experience in consulting to large and complex government organisation, working for a service/solutions provider
• Experience in estimating IT projects and proposal/tender preparation
• Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and the ability to secure new business
• Experience in managing technical staff, including contractors and multi-disciplinary teams to achieve given objectives
• A proven track record in successfully managing multiple and/or complex systems integration and infrastructure projects to budget, timeframes and satisfaction of customer
• Strong vendor and client management skills coupled with strong commercial experience of IT contracts
• Project management accreditation and tertiary qualifications preferred.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.