CGI is seeking a Database Administrator to support critical applications in a wide variety of our customer environments. This includes Government, Utilities and Commercial clients with varying technologies including Oracle and SQL database administration.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As an experienced DBA you will work closely with peers during problem analysis and resolution on BAU support activities. You will be responsible for administering the database system including architecture, performance, integrity, security, backup and recovery.
You will also support a number of key client projects including a large upgrade and consolidation of an existing SQL platform and a multimillion-dollar Oracle initiative in the Government sector.
We provide 24/7 support to our clients so you will need to participate in the on-call roster.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 4 years + experience as a SQL DBA and 2 years+ working as an Oracle DBA, within large and complex environments
• Clustering, maintaining and installing High Availability solutions
• Experience with backup and recovery procedures using RMAN.
• Experience with Data guard and setting up DR environments
• Ability to identify and deliver system improvements and value adds
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• MS SQL Server database administration
• MS SQL Server clustering
• MS SQL Server mirroring and log shipping
• Microsoft Windows scripting
• Ability to partake in the on call roster.
CGI is more than just an IT Consultancy; we are a global organisation offering our employees a world of opportunities.
If you are excited by this challenge and want to find out more, apply today.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.