Due to a fantastic start to the new Financial Year, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work across a number of our existing large enterprise clients.
The Project Manager will directly contribute to the success of all client engagements through industry knowledge, Consulting knowledge, leadership, and project execution skills. In this role, you will typically work, with Directors and the head of a program office, leading a project/engagement, performing liaison activities with upper management and stakeholders.
You will be exposed to a variety of projects, such as Business consulting, IP development, Infrastructure design and transformation, where you will be accountable for end to end project management.
The role will be challenging and rewarding and provide you the opportunity to deliver large, complex and challenging engagements and collaborate with CGI Leadership teams of large enterprise businesses. It will be a highlight on any career focused Project Managers CV.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead IT and Business consulting projects. Ensure the Projects meet all scope, time, budget and quality expectations and achieve Project objectives
• Build executive client relationships and support business development activities, identify opportunities for expansion of work
• Collaboratively work with clients and 3rd party vendors to plan, sell and implement solutions to customer problems
• Proactively identify and manage changes to requirements, whilst identify risks for clients.
• Manage cross-functional teams (often global teams), work with the relevant parties to ensure the availability of resources to support the Project requirements
• Manage Project team members and act as a point of escalations for issues resolution
• Where relevant, Attend Governance or Steering Committees and provide status reporting
• Work collaboratively with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
As a Consultant at CGI you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing
various roles. The successful candidate will be exposed to projects across a range of key industries (such as Utilities, Bank and Finance, Communications). This is a rare opportunity to work within a dynamic company, based in Melbourne, as part of a global organisation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Strong commercial and Project Management skills, focused on contract controls and effective scheduling.
• 5+ years experience working as a Project Manager
• Solid commercial experience working for an SI, vendor and/or IT Consulting
• Experience managing Tier 1 clients with complex matrix environments
• Fully competent in managing large enterprise projects/programs (valued at $1mill+) including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration
• Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
• The ability to identify opportunities and win new work with clients.
• Ability to meet tight schedules and cost targets, without compromising customer requirements
• Strong understanding and application of change management competencies
• Solid leadership and people management capability
• Project Management accreditation – PMP, Prince2 or equivalent
• Optional: Masters of business Administration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.